
My dear friend Brooke tagged me on her blog like a month ago, and I'm finally getting around to writing my list. I'm not sure how interesting it is, but maybe you'll learn something about me you didn't know. Or be reminded of just how quirky I am. :)
1) I have an unreasonable fear of bowling and have never actually done it. It's really not so much a fear of bowling as a fear of not being good at something and people watching me stink at it. I know, I know, most people aren't good at bowling. But I'm not most people. :)
2) My biggest dream is to be in a Broadway musical. And also that dream would have to include a) being good enough to do it and b) not being completely terrified to be on stage! Details, details...
2a) Considering my number 2, this one shouldn't be a huge surprise and therefore I'm making it 2a instead of 3 -- I love musicals!! Movies or plays, makes no difference to me. I haven't seen nearly as many live shows I would like to but I have seen Phantom of the Opera, On the Town, Miss Saigon, Ragtime... sadly that may be it. Then there are shows that I haven't seen, but know the soundtrack by heart -- Wicked, Les Miserables, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Then there are the movie musicals that I love, both those that were previously broadway shows and those that are just good ol' movie musicals -- Mamma Mia, Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Hairspray, Rent, Grease, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Calamity Jane... I'm sure there are others that I'm leaving out, but you get the idea. I love em and quite frankly, I wish my life was a musical. Everything is better/more dramatic/more bearable when music is involved.
3) I am a lesson drop-out. I took dance lessons for about 4 years in elementary school taking tap, jazz, and ballet, but dropped out mostly because I was chubby and felt really insecure in my leotard. Sad, huh? I wasn't outstanding or anything, but I remember being decent (and the tallest girl in my class!). Then in high school I took voice lessons for three years, singing Italian arias and showtunes. I would love to be taking them now that my voice is so much more mature. I miss singing (other than in my car and in the shower...)
4) I am addicted to lotion. I have to put it on right before I got to bed, after I wash my hands, after baths, and any other time I feel my hands getting the slightest bit dry. When I was little, I remember waking up and feeling that my hands were dry and not knowing what else to do, I licked them so they would feel better and then went back to sleep. Now a bottle of lotion by my bed does the trick in these situations.
5) I believe that the reason I work so well with autistic kids is that I'm a touch autistic myself. I have major sensory issues... I don't like certain noises in the car or other closed in places(whistling, loud music, anything shrill). There are certain fabrics that I absolutely cannot stand to touch (yet I do it anyway then shudder). And there are several foods I don't like simply because of their texture (mushrooms and pears come to mind).
6) Speaking of food -- my absolute least favorite food in the world is a food that you might find to be pretty mind, but I absolutely hate it and almost cry if I accidentally get some in my mouth. RAW CELERY. UGH. I hate it with a passion!!!!
7) I would love to have a job as a professional organizer or planner of some sort. Maybe an event planner or event coordinator for a location. Or going in and organizing people's homes. I really enjoy this type of work. I guess that's why I'm getting my masters in administration -- it's the job in education that involves the most of that type of thing.
I'm sure there are more interesting things I could have included, but there you go for now. I'll probably add more to it later as I think of things.
So, I'm supposed to tag 7 people? Hmmm.... who hasn't been tagged? Oh well...

3 comments:
I'm so happy to know that you used to lick your hands to provide moisture. I'm going to keep pretending that you do that in the middle of the night when your hands are dry:).
Girl, you need to blog more!! How else am I suppose to keep you with you?
Kelly
I like the new look!! I'm gonna be in town the whole week after Easter and I wanna see you!!!!! Of course, I'll have my brat with me, but that's ok, you should be use to brats by now. LOL Do you have my cell number?
Kelly
Post a Comment