Monday, June 16, 2008

My Lack of Posting (a long, informative, but not entertaining post)

Well, it has been quite a while since I've posted and with good reason! So much has been going on and I thought I would take a few minutes to catch you guys up.

A lot of you know that I interviewed for a position with Newton Conover Schools to be the AIG Lead teacher. Well, I'm not certified in AIG but the interview went well and I was definitely hopeful. A week or so later I got a phone call from my prospective boss who informed me that I was their choice for the job (yay!) but there was a glitch. The glitch was that the money set aside for this position was specifically from the AIG funds and they could only pay a AIG certified teacher. I was crushed. After some discussion, he explained that if I could get certified by Christmas, he could make the budget work.

So, I set off to find a way to make this happen. After a lot of research, emails, and phone calls, I finally found a program that would get me certified by the end of summer! Hooray! Only one drawback -- it's a private university! So, I had to talk to my mom about it and weigh our (monetary) options and we decided it was worth the extra cost. (Thankfully God gave me a wonderful mom who is supporting me completely -- emotionally and financially!)

THEN I had to decide whether or not to keep going with my MSA cohort. Taking the 12 hours needed for certification plus the 6 hours that were already on the schedule for the MSA (18 hours in a summer! EEK!) seemed like an awful lot of work -- I didn't know if I was up for the challenge. So, I went to the first class of each of my MSA classes, decided that I would give it a try, so here I am a few weeks into my 18 hour summer and so far so good! (It helps that the 12 AIG hours are all online course and they go two at a time (two in June and two in July) so I'm really only taking 12 hours at once, if that makes sense...)

AND of course I had to end the year, pack up my classroom, and start my babysitting jobs so -- whew! It's gonna be an interesting summer! I do have to say that so far God has given me a really good work ethic! I know it's from Him, because I am usually a MAJOR procrastinator and so far, so good! Thank you Lord for keeping me from being a lazy bum!!

2 comments:

Jonathan Goodman said...

Awesome, congratulations!

Scott, Bri, Elijah, Abigail said...

WOW!!! I am so happy that you'll get to do something different, better, more inspiring, or whatever it is to you. Now, what is AIG???