Sunday, April 19, 2009

My ADD Brain - writing a paper

Today I am really going to finish this stupid paper for Program Evaluation. Let's see.. okay, I finished up with the context and input analysis yesterday so I should probably... check on my facebook status. Oh I don't want deep fried pickles anymore, but pickles do sound good. Why didn't I stop at the store and get some? Oh right, I'll probably eat a whole jar and my sodium intake would be off the charts. So my status should now say I'm working on a paper. Now to go work on the paper. So, I need to tally up all the results from my teacher surveys. Ooh! I could color code! Where are those highlighters that I used the other day? I really need those because they match what I've already used. They aren't in this drawer, but there is that pen I've been looking for. It's the right color for my calendar (which is also color coded) so I will pull it out and mark off the days until the end of school... thirty-five, thirty-six, thirty-seven. Woo! I can do anything for thirty-seven days, right? Okay, back to highlighters. What did I need them for? Oh yeah, color coding my survey. So, these questions go together and these questions go together so they should be green... did I ever find that other green earring I lost? I bet it might be in the kitchen in my bag of shopping bags. I'll go check. Nope, it's not in there. I guess I'll empty the dishwasher. These cups aren't fitting right in this cabinet. What's behind there? Oh, it's my colander. Maybe I should put it somewhere else so the cups have plenty of room. Which cabinet will it fit in? Okay that works. Now back upstairs. Color coding complete. Now how do I put these in sentences? Hmmm... I'm not sure how specific I'm supposed to be. Well Shanti finished hers already so I'll send her a Facebook message. Dear Shanti... what do I do? Send. Ooh, four new notifications! Michelle joined PolBuckingham? What does that even mean? Oh it's a page for his music. I should listen to one of his songs. Nice! I like that one. How is Dawn surrounded by such musical people? I wonder if she's updated her blog lately. Anna Kirby is SO CUTE! I just love to hear her talk! Cute video! Who else has updated their blogs lately? More cute pics of Annie! Things I Love Thursday with Brooke! Love it! Would give me a reason to post. I may have to start that on Thursday... Okay, back to the paper. Blackberry is flashing! New notification on Facebook! Wait, I don't know this person. Oh they commented on something I commented on... Facebook, bringing strangers together. PAPER! I still don't know how to write up this data analysis... I'll just write something and change it when Shanti gets back to me. Or maybe I should edit what I have so far? This chair is getting uncomfortable. To the futon! Much better... wait...stiches are itching... I wonder what it's looking like back there. To the mirror! Hmm. Not too bad, but still has some sticky residue from bandaids. Can't have that. How can I get it off without really hurting myself... let's see... qtip with alcohol? qtip with goo gone? Oh well. It will just have to wear off. Back to writing. Oh wait, I was editing, right? Wow, I'm really ADD today. Maybe I should blog about it...

*Note: Although the order of events may be inaccurate, the content is all me!*

I think this just about sums it up:

2 comments:

Jayme and Los said...

Oh my gosh!!! You have got to be the funniest person I know. This is further proof that my suggestions for your future career are right on the money.

By the way, I can't believe you put that hideous picture of you & me at my shower. My pregnant nose is so big in that picture!!! Yuck!

themainstick said...

thank you for this! :)
but, it reminds me of how much I miss you guys!