Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Last "My" Post


When I started this blog, I decided to follow in the tradition of Scrubs and title every post "My _____". For a while, I enjoyed the challenge, but I have decided that I feel strangled by this attempt to keep it up. (Coincidentally, this is similar to the way I feel about ABC choosing to continue with Scrubs, a show that I LOVE, but which I feel needs to be allowed to die with dignity. But that's a post for another time...) So, no more.


Part of the catalyst behind the decision (beside intense frustration in trying to come up with clever ways to title my posts "My something") is that I would like to start some regular segments that I've seen others do such as Things I Love Thursday and Earworm Wednesday (I haven't actually seen anyone with this one, but Stephen King mentioned earworms in Entertainment Weekly a while back and I've been thinking about the number of songs in my head each day and it's quite the motley crew!). Maybe More than you need to know about Me Monday or Flashback Friday. The possibilities (and alliterative delights!) are endless! These won't be EVERY week, but used on those days when I think that I'd like to write something but have nothing exciting to say.


Stay tuned! I can feel your excitement. :)




No comments: