A few months ago, the Simmons family took a trip to Dollywood with Lee's mom and sister. I, of course, found this really amusing and made fun of them (if not to their face, at least behind their back... :) When they returned home, I found out that not only did they have a blast, but they also purchased season passes. Season passes?? For Dollywood?
Then pretty soon after this I find out that Dawn and her little family had also been to Dollywood and emerged with season passes!! Now, I consider Dawn to be one of the most reasonable people I know. (It's probably because we're both Js.) And she's pretty darn cheap! (How long did you have that tiny little TV because you refused to spend money on one that you can actually see?)
How was this happening? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!
But then I considered that I like cheese as much as the next guy... so really who am I to judge? Plus, I really don't like to be left out of things, especially fun things, so if one by one my friends were becoming members of the Dollywood Season Pass Holders Cult, I needed to check this out for myself...
So, Lee, Joy, Cecilia, Gareth, Dawn and Anna K and I headed to Pigeon Forge so I could take in the Dollywood splendor for myself. (Obviously you know where this is going...)

My Season Pass in all it's glory.
Here are some pictures of our day! (courtesy of Dawn)
Anna, Cecilia, and Dawn on the Scrambler.
Deda and Gareth on the Scrambler. I promise you, he was screaming "GO! GO! GO! FAST! FAST!" at the beginning. By the end... he was looking a little green. :)
We also saw a show, ate some really yummy food, and just had an all around great time! So, yeah. I'm sold! Got my season pass and my $.99 refillable cup ready to use ALL SEASON LONG! (Did I mention that Dollywood is all Coke? Could this place be more perfect??)
Okay, so who's up for a trip?


1 comment:
well, if it's all coke, you know my hubby would be in! ;)
Post a Comment