Monday, October 26, 2009

Fantasy Football 2009 - Team Name Rejects

It should come as no surprise that once again I am in an all-girls Fantasy Football League. (If it is a surprise, or for more background on this development, go here.)

This year our league went with a theme for our names again. (The first year we did Bad Girls of the Bible -- I was Gomer's Girlz Gone Wild. Last year, no theme, so I went with Leapin' Lemurs.) The theme we settled on was Chick Flicks. Ah yes. A genre I know well. I started researching through my own DVD collection and online for some ideas from some of my favorite chick flicks and finally decided on the Vengeful Sluts. This comes from the movie My Best Friend's Wedding -- Cameron Diaz's cousins introduce themselves in this way: "Hi, we're the vengeful sluts, but you can call us eager!" Lee even made this awesome picture for me:



I'm very happy with my name (and that awesome picture!), but it feels a shame to let the rest of the list go unseen! So, I'm listing the rejected names below without their movies they are from so you can comment and guess. Exciting, I know! Admittedly some are easy, but I think there are some challenges on there too. No cheating and running to google or IMDB! :)

1) The Bleeding Armadillos

2) Cinder-f'in-rellas

3) The Genuinely Tiny Knickers

4) First Lobsters

5) The Plastic Mathletes

6) Pigs from Hell

7) Dancing Watermelons

8) Porpoise Spit

9) The Reindeer Jumpers

... and finally the one that came in a CLOSE second...

10) The Eloquent Shits

So, how many can you figure out WITHOUT searching? (One hint... kind of... there are two movies that have two entries each.) I'll post the answers later.




5 comments:

Dr. Alfaro said...

Yeah, I stink at this. I only know three!

Amanda said...

But which three?!?!

Gwyn Mullins said...

I am confident about #1, #3, #5, and #6. The second one is so familiar but I just can't place it yet.

Gwyn Mullins said...

Also, I want you to know I wasn't quick enough to get my favorite choice for my team name. Dabney had her name up before I did, and I didn't want the same movie represented twice. But I wanted to be When Harry Met Sally's Drop-kick

Heather said...

I love your team name, Mandy Lou! Love it!