So I was thinking about summer today on the drive home from work and what kinds of things I could be filling my summer months with and I think I've come up with some ideas/goals. So I decided to blog about them... (coincidentally blogging is one of the goals... see what I did there?)
First up -- blogging.
I miss blogging.
No really, I do! I know it's hard to tell from the ridiculous amount of time that has passed since my last blog post, but I seriously do enjoy it. When I have something to say, I enjoy putting into words and throwing it out into cyberspace for people to enjoy. (In my head you people always enjoy my blog posts. I refuse to entertain any other possibilities.)
So with roughly nine weeks of summer break upon me, I am setting myself a goal. I am going to try to blog at least 12 times before I head back to work in August. 12 seems like a good number -- not quite twice a week, but a little more than once a week. And besides, if 12 is good enough for Jesus and the Apostles, it's good enough for me. (I won't even count this post as one of the 12.)

Prayer
The Lord and I are on this fantastic prayer journey together. Maybe I'll blog about it more later -- it deserves it's own post. The Reader's Digest version: The Lord is teaching me SO MUCH about what walking with Him really looks like and it is an exciting and beautiful thing!
Next goal -- READ!
There are already two books that I want to read as a part of some things going on at my church -- One Thousand Gifts: Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are and Generous Justice. I've ordered both and am excited to get started reading them. I also ordered The Prodigal God because let's face it, just about everyone I know has read and loved it and I am a joiner. :) There are also some blogs I'd like to be more regular about reading -- some besides failbook and failblog (but come on, those ones are amazingly entertaining). I'm open to blog suggestions!
Summer = Harry Potter
For many years, summers have included some wonderful Harry Potter related event -- a new book or a new movie. With the last movie coming out in July, this summer will be the final Harry Potter event summer. Craziness. Summers also usually mean that I'm going to reread one or more of the Harry Potter books. All that to say, I have two Harry Potter related goals: 1) Rewatch all the Harry Potter movies before the new one comes out. 2) Reread all the Harry Potter books AFTER the movie comes out. Why do the books after the movies? Well, true Harry Potter book fans will understand without explanation, but for you muggles out there... the movies are great. But the books are FREAKIN' FANTASTIC. Reading the books before watching the movies distracts me -- I start looking for all the differences and that makes the movie completely unenjoyable for me.Spend some time in Rutherford County
Why Rutherford County, you ask? Well, if you met Brooke Simpson's family, you'd understand! But the main reason is that we are on a mission to cute-ify her grandparents' jewelry store and I'm so so excited to embark on that adventure!
Bead!
So there you have it -- the answer to the question "Do you have plans for the summer?" Why yes I do!


1 comment:
In your head, where you think we all enjoy reading your blog posts, you're right. :-) I miss you blogging too. Get at it woman!
Post a Comment