Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Cooties

The day of my birthday spa outing (which I meant to post about... but I haven't gotten the pics from Lee yet with all the baby excitement), I developed what I thought was a zit on my face. By Sunday, it was kinda scary looking so I thought it had just gotten infected. So, I put a bandaid on it with some antibiotic ointment.

On Monday, it was looking more like a blister. I went down the the nurse assistant at my school and showed it to her. Her reaction was "Yuck!" Very reassuring. By this point that I was convinced that a spider had laid its eggs in my face. So, I called and made an appointment for after school and after he checked it out, he said it was an infected or irritated sebaceous gland which developed into a cyst. He gave me an antibiotic for ten days, but a week later... this is what we have.


Like the pained expression? It's fake. :) But I AM very irritated that it is still there and I'm not sure it's going anywhere fast... It's also very itchy lately.

So, I headed back to the doctor today. He scraped my face with a scapel blade (not as scary as it sounds) and checked it out. And the verdict...

I HAVE A FUNGUS ON MY FACE!!!! FUNGUS, PEOPLE! Like athlete's foot on my face!!! FUNGUS!!!!

So, I guess I'll just spray some "tough actin' Tinactin" on my face. And then maybe John Madden will show up at my house. Or at least that guy Josh Simmons likes so much that acts like John Madden all the time...




Or I'll use the prescription. Whatever.

3 comments:

themainstick said...

wow...what do you say to that? i'm hoping that what i thought were spider bites on ellies hand/arm truly are spider bites

(i love reading your blog!! it's so animated and makes me smile...but it makes me miss you...i am torn about continuing to read it. in addition, you have no pictures of the new baby up yet...)

Jayme and Los said...

I'm very surprised that you put another picture of yourself (with a fungus, no less) on your blog! I think I'm proud of you!

Jonathan Goodman said...

Ouch, sorry Amanda. That's too bad. Windex works great too according to my Greek Father in Law.