It sure has been an injury-filled six months for me...
First in November I was helping my mom do some cleaning outside (wearing rubber flip flops... I never claimed to be the smartest girl...) when I stepped on a nail in a board that went about an inch and a half into my foot. This resulted in lots of bright red blood, an x-ray to make sure I hadn't hit bone or shoved a piece of rubber into my foot, a shot in the arm, lots of salt water soaks, and about a week of limping. Now there's not much left there to remind me of that painful day except a very faint scar and a knot in the middle of my foot.
Then came the fungus. I guess this isn't technically an injury, but whatever. I assume it came from my day at the spa (and no, I'm not scared to go back there) and this was a nice spa -- imagine what you could get at the lower-scale ones... Anyway -- it's fading pretty much with the help of a prescription cream but it's still a little red.
Finally the bruised biscuit. You will be happy to know that it is now turning a lovely shade of maroon around the edges and vomit green in the middle. Nice.
With six weeks of babysitting lined up with two different families this summer, I'm scared of what the future may hold...
The year of 11
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment