Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Golden Year Closes

I am closing out my 28th year of life. I call this my golden year because on March 28, 2007 I turned 28. Get it? 28 on the 28th? I think it's a yankee thing that this southern gal has adopted. Anyway -- this Friday the 28th comes around again (aka my birthday) and I will be saying goodbye to my golden age of 28.

I think it's time to go back to my original plan...

Many of you will remember that I really didn't like the idea of turning 25. 25 seemed old and like an age I just didn't want to be and an age I didn't want to go beyond. So, on my 25th birthday I decided to stay 24. On my 26th, I went back a year to 23. On my 27th, I decided to be 22. Then I was blinded by that whole golden birthday notion and went ahead and turned 28 as God (and my mother) intended. But now, I think it's time to go back to the original plan.

On this Friday, I will be turning 21 and will hold steady because, even though I don't drink often, I need to have the option...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope your 21t year of life is great. Don't drink and drive :)

Scott, Bri, Elijah, Abigail said...

Happy Birthday!! So, you're finally legal... welcome to the club. However, next year... its back to abstaining from that alcohol ;-)

Briana

themainstick said...

Your blanket is next...I PROMISE!!
Hope you had a fabulous birthday!!
we miss you deda!!
love you