Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Play Place Experience

Jayme watched Cecilia and Gareth Wednesday, so I met them (plus Annie) at McDonald's for lunch.

This particular McDonald's Play Place isn't exactly toddler friendly. There was no way Gareth would have been able to leave the first little bubble. (Picture it in your mind. You'll know what I mean.) So, Deda to the rescue! We were the only ones out there, so I kicked off my flip flops and climbed on in.

[*Note: This is not the play place that we went to. In fact, I swiped this from some stranger's blog and those are actually her kids. But I felt you needed a visual here! ]

Together, Gareth and I scaled the many twists and turns of the Play Place, each of us with different obstacles to overcome: Gareth was too small to climb most of the way and I was too tall (something I never get to say...) to get through without crawling and twisting and flipping and all sorts of acrobatic moves. Cecilia was in front leading the way, and since she is the perfect size (and intended audience) for the Play Place, she would zip ahead and then turn back and yell "Come on Deda!" or "Hurry up Gareth!"

After a lot of twisting, shocks, and sore knees (me), butt hoists, nose wipes, and excited cries of "eee?!" (Gareth), grunts, huffing and puffing (both of us), we reached the top. Cecilia had waited on us and headed down the slide first. Next went Gareth who started on his bottom, but by the time he reached the bottom he had twisted many different directions. Finally I headed down, having to lean back because, again I'm too tall (hooray!). It was pretty fun to slide down a twisty slide again, but sure don't remember getting shocked this many times as a kid...

I ended up going up with Gareth again after Jayme did (I'm a sucker for that kid...) and I definitely felt like I needed to soak in boiling water for a while afterwards, but it was a blast being in there with them. I highly recommend it, but you should definitely accompany your own kid or borrow a friend's kid... otherwise you just look pathetic and strange.

1 comment:

Scott, Bri, Elijah, Abigail said...

haha!! Im glad Im not the ONLY one who feels the need to sanitize myself in a pot of boiling water when I leave those places.... Great story!!